An error made in placing the top mat of reinforcing in a newly completed parking garage slab resulted in visible cracking in the surface of the slab and a reduced design capacity. Remedial work required Zera Construction to shore, remove and replace the upper 6" of the slab in order to reset the steel and correct the problem.
- Structurally shored the structural slab at 10’ on center
- Used hydro-demolition to remove 70,000 SQFT of concrete
- Removed 6" of concrete to release the upper mat of steel
- Paving sequence was performed in six phases using a 170’ boom pump truck to place 1,300 cubic yards of concrete and to deal with difficult logistical issues
- Rebuilt planter boxes and re-established an intricate curb layout