Located on the shores of Lake Michigan in front of Core Library is the main gathering space for students: Core Plaza. After 40 years of Chicago winters and normal wear & tear, the university centerpiece needed repair to eliminate water leakage into the offices and library below due to concrete and waterproofing deterioration.
- Stripped all topping and waterproofing, and installed new buried waterproofing system
- Blended the new patio waterproofing with the roofing systems of three adjoining buildings to ensure water tightness of offices below
- Created a unique decorative stamping & poured colored concrete pattern
- Renovated a scallop-shaped staircase and added aluminum railings
- Completed the work on-time in seven months