After 70 years of football in this historic, 80,000 seat stadium, concrete renovations were badly needed. One quarter million square feet of surface topping slab required removal by jackhammer and Bobcat only, due to weight restrictions. All work had to be completed during the football off-season.
- Ensure a well-bonded concrete overlay thorough surface preparation, consisting of surface milling and shotblasting
- Installed a Neogard traffic-bearing waterproofing membrane with Watson Bowman expansion joints
- Installed over 100 new cast-in-place concrete shear walls to reinforce old and new bowls
- Completed all work on-time and on-budget
- Found creative ways to reduce expenses on this cost-plus project
- Delivered on the promise of negotiating this complex, high profile project effectively, and demonstrated the integrity and scheduling thoroughness that won the project initially