Exposure to weather over the past 30 years caused the exterior slab edge of the parking garage to become badly delaminated, causing exposure of the post-tension cables. Additionally, the connection points with the exterior metal panels had become compromised, causing concern about their stability. All work had to be conducted in phases with minimal impact to residents and the public-parking revenue could not be lost.
- Scaffolded the entire building and removed all exterior metal panels, giving access to the work without taking up additional parking
- Identified and performed all slab edge concrete repairs
- Installed BASF Conipur II traffic-bearing membrane
- Performed over 250 post-tension cable repairs
- Conducted 12 complicated phases to handle traffic re-routing and parking relocation with close contact with building management
- Repainted the entire garage and added new drains