As the name implies, CityView Terrace is a condominium building with a public plaza that offers a stunning view of Chicago's NBC Tower, Wrigley Building and Lake Michigan. Water was leaking from the upper and lower terraces of the plaza into the lobby below, due to a failed waterproofing system. In addition, the aesthetic of the building's two resident-only sun decks needed an upgrade, and the parking garage had deteriorated due to longevity and water damage caused by a lack of waterproofing.
- Removed all existing concrete topping and waterproofing
- Repaired structural concrete of the deck and installed a new buried waterproofing system with 12' x 12' concrete pavers
- Installed pre-cast stair tread and risers, and applied finish upgrade
- Installed a new pedestrian-grade waterproofing membrane coating system with two-tone, decorative finish on the sun decks
- Prepared partial and full depth concrete repairs, re-installed expansion joints and added Conipur II waterproofing in the parking garage